New to real food and don’t know where to start? Nourished Kitchen is about food – real food, plain and simple. We cook in-season and believe that wholesome, locally and sustainably grown foods are best for your health, your community and the environment. You can read more about me, the food philosophy behind Nourished Kitchen, or just get subscribed for regular email updates.
Nourished Kitchen isn’t your run-of-the-mill food blog; it’s a celebration of real food. And we know that true nourishment isn’t just about what you eat; rather, it’s also about how you source your foods, how you prepare them and how you serve your family and your community in the process.
So if you’re new to Nourished Kitchen, take a quick tour of our best posts, recipes and start getting involved:
Getting Started with Real Food: Practices that Nourish
- We believe that broth heals! Learn more about the benefits of broth, chicken soup cure and checkout how to make roast chicken stock, fresh chicken broth, homemade beef stock and chicken foot stock.
- We believe that meat is good for you! Learn about grass-fed beef vs. cafo beef and the reasons you should be eating red meat,
- Of course, if you’re a vegetarian, you might learn more about traditional foods and what veg*ns can learn from traditional foods.
- We do a lot of fermenting! And believe that lactic acid fermentation is critical to health which is why we consume a lot of fermented foods.
- We love raw milk! We have our reasons for drinking raw milk and love drinking milk that’s fresh, local and full of fat. We also make a lot of raw milk yogurt and milk kefir.
- If you eat grains, try making them better by soaking, sprouting or souring them! Grains, beans, nuts and seeds are potent sources of antinutrients which is why we recommend soaking grains, baking sourdough breads and sprouting your grains.
Getting Started with Real Food: Nourishing Recipes
- There’s a lot of recipes at Nourished Kitchen! So be sure to checkout the searchable real food recipe database.
- If you adhere to a strict diet, check out our paleo recipes, GAPS/SCD-compliant recipes, gluten-free recipes, vegan and vegetarian recipes.
- Subscribe to our meal plans for nourishing whole foods recipes and menus delivered to you weekly.
- Or submit your own recipe to our recipe archives – learn how here.