July came and went with a bang (or lack of a bang as fireworks in our community were canceled for the 4th of July celebrations). Meanwhile my husband and I have been working tirelessly on our farmers market, bringing an estimated 20,000 people to downtown Crested Butte over the course of the season. And, as you can imagine, it’s exhausting. But, before the month ends, I wanted to share with you some little things that made my July just a little bit brighter.
And don’t forget: today is the last day to sign up for Lighten Up! the online weightloss retreat. I’m contributing recipes, tips, a webinar and cooking videos. So check it out. If you use the code nourished30, you’ll receive 30% off!
what I loved this July
- After reading this post from Mommypotamus, I’m intrigued by using tallow-based lotions and creams.
- And for those of you curious about the use of marrow in this vanilla custard, you might be equally impressed by these fudgecicles.
- We’ve been enjoyed the tree-ripened peaches of the Western Slope for some time, spooning them into a bowl with pillowy billows of fresh raw cream.
- But for those of you who just can’t do dairy, you might like this dairy-free peach dessert.
- Amid the farmers market, the upcoming Nourished Kitchen cookbook and working on the blog, I’ve been losing a lot of sleep and loved this post on sleep and health.
- I also take magnesium oil to help me sleep and reduce cravings, which is why I’m looking into making my own.
- And I’m going to make these honey-sweetened marshmallows for my little boy on our next camping trip when I’m planning on also making this campfire roasted chicken again.
- The sale on Nourished Baby! You can save 20% with coupon code SUPERMAMA.