Thanksgiving leftovers filling your fridge? Looking for a great leftover turkey recipe? Every year, we spoon leftover turkey onto our plates, smothering it with cranberry sauce and stuffing though there never seems to be enough gravy to make the rounds. We make Thanksgiving casseroles and nourishing soups. This Thanksgiving, we served up something a little different, something new that’s sure to become a mainstay in our home: leftover turkey hash with yams and fresh sage.
Jump to Recipe
what to do with thanksgiving leftovers
- Leftover Turkey: turkey and yam hash, turkey soup with vegetables, turkey soup with wild rice, turkey enchiladas, turkey sandwiches.
- Leftover Cranberry Sauce: use on sourdough or sprouted wheat bread as a jam or jelly, make cranberry-oat bars, use in cranberry sorbets
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes: use as a base for potato soup, make colcannon or bubble and squeak, use in shepherd’s pie
- Leftover Stuffing: Combine with eggs and prepare a strata, use as a base for Thanksgiving casserole
- Leftover Yams, Sweet Potatoes or Squash: Use as a base in pancakes, waffles or muffins.