Easy to prepare, this miso- and tamari-glazed salmon recipe is rich in omega-3 fatty acids. The gomasio – a sesame salt – adds magnesium and calcium.
- 4 (6 oz) wild-caught salmon filets
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/2 cup naturally fermented soy sauce
- 1/4 cup gomasio
- Mix the vinegar, wine, honey, miso and tamari together in a plastic baggie until the honey and misos are thoroughly disolved. Add the salmon to the bag and allow it to marinate overnight.
- Heat the oven to 425 F and cook the salmon for 5 – 10 minutes, then broil the salmon for 1 – 2 minutes and serve with gomasio – a Japanese seasoned salt which includes sea vegetables, sesame seeds and sea salt.