From time to time, I get tired of vinaigrettes and want something more substantial in a dressing. This Ranch Dressing based on Fil Mjolk a Scandinavian cultured dairy food which you can buy online at (see sources).
Getting Your Fats Straight
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade (see recipe in my cookbook)
- 1/2 cup filmjolk (get a starter here)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (this is where I buy mine)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground unrefined sea salt (this is what I use)
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Spoon the mayonnaise into a mixing bowl, and then whisk in the filmjolk and olive oil. When the oil and filmjolk are completely integrated into the mayonnaise, whisk in the onion and garlic powders, salt, herbs and dried parsley. Taste it, and adjust seasoning as necessary to suit your preferences.