My kid, like just about any kid, has a thing for ranch dressing. It’s an American classic, and
Kefir is a Powerhouse
Kefir is a nutritional powerhouse. It is rich in beneficial bacteria that support gut health.
Where to Find Kefir Grains (And How to Make It)
To make kefir, you’ll need kefir grains and you can either purchase them live here or dried here.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade (see recipe in my cookbook)
- 1/2 cup filmjolk (get a starter here)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (this is where I buy mine)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground unrefined sea salt (this is what I use)
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Spoon the mayonnaise into a mixing bowl, and then whisk in the filmjolk and olive oil. When the oil and filmjolk are completely integrated into the mayonnaise, whisk in the onion and garlic powders, salt, herbs and dried parsley. Taste it, and adjust seasoning as necessary to suit your preferences.