This is one of my all-time favorite ways to serve brussels sprouts. Even non-sprout lovers should enjoy this dish. The piima cream is a perfect foil to the crisp sprouts and nuts. This recipe serves 4. I love the underdogs of the vegetable world: turnips, beets and brussels sprouts in particular. Brussels sprouts, like other cruciferous vegetables, are rich in the cancer fighting indole-3-carbinols. This brussels sprouts recipe is one that even brussels sprouts haters will love - plus it's covered in probiotic piima cream. Piima is a Scandinavian yogurt that cultures at room temperature.
You can purchase piima from Cultures for Health or check out the Cultures and Starters Exchange.
Pan-Fried Brussels Sprouts RecipePrint Save Recipe Saved!
- Remove the tough bottoms and outer leaves of each brussels sprout, then thinly slice them.
- Thinly slice the shallot.
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium heat until it’s melted.
- Add the brussels sprouts, shallot and walnuts.
- Continue to cook until the brussels sprouts become golden and crispy.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle crème fraîche over the top and serve.