These potatoes make a delicious side dish. Faintly sour from the buttermilk, they're richly flavored. The potatoes aren't peeled, lending a chunky rustic feel to the dish. The cost per serving is approximately $0.93.
This recipe serves about 8 - 10 for a large crowd, but it's easily made in smaller portions. Figure about 1 medium potato per person.
herbed buttermilk mashed potatoesPrint Save Recipe Saved!
- Organic russet potatoes
- Organic dried parsley
- Organic dried chives
- finely ground real salt
- Don’t peel the potatoes. They’re better that way, but you still might want to wash them first.
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks.
- Once you’ve chopped them all, toss them into boiling water. Cover the pan with a lid and cook the potatoes until they’re tender when pierced with a fork.
- Next, toss the steaming hot potatoes into your mixer. Use a paddle attachment and mix them until they’re slightly mashed.
- Stop the mixer and toss in your organic butter. If you’re looking for measurements, that’s about a stick. Mix it some more.
- Once the butter’s melted, add your buttermilk. You’re looking to add about two cups, give or take. Mix it again.
- Now, stop the mixer. Toss in your organic herbs, salt and pepper. Mix it again. Oh â€¦ and â€¦ that’s about two tablespoons each of parsley and chives and one tablespoon of pepper.
- You’re finished so serve them up and enjoy!