Baked eggs are rustic, but elegant breakfast or brunch dish. They’re nutritious offering protein, essential fatty acids if you purchase pastured eggs, lecithin, riboflavin, phosphorus, vitamin B12 and selenium. The cost per serving of this lovely dish is only $0.86.
Herb Baked Eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped fine
- 1 tsp dill chopped fine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Heat the oven to 350 F, and then butter 4 (6-oz) ramekins.
- Drop two eggs into each ramekin, top with fresh herbs and a drizzle of heavy cream.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the yolk is set to your liking.