Rate this Recipe
Cultured Veggies for Flu Prevention
These are a little spicy, and a little sweet and sour. They are wonderful for digesting your food, building up your immune system, and helping your adrenals feel nourished. It is the flavor I love the best. I'm a foodie and it has to taste good!
Print Save RecipeSaved! Click to Remove Ads
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1 medium jicama
- ½ head green cabbage
- 2 ounces spinach
- 1 medium apple
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely ground real salt
- 1 large orange (zested and juiced)
- 1 packet starter culture
- Shred or chop the first six ingredients and place in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. You can also layer it in the jar instead of mixing.
- Firmly pack the mixture into 2 quart glass canning jars or a half gallon vessel, leaving an inch or two for the cabbage to expand when it ferments.
- Then add the orange zest juice, and culture, and cover with water, leaving an inch or two at the top. Seal jar tightly and let sit on the counter for 6 days and then place in the refrigerator.
Rate this recipe!If you loved this recipe, give it a rating. Let us know what works, what didn't and whether you made any adjustments that can help other cooks.