Rate this Recipe
4 to 6 servings
braised whole baby beetsPrint Save RecipeSaved! Click to Remove Ads
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 2 pounds baby beets with their greens (washed well and patted dry)
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- Melt butter in a skillet over a moderate flame. When it froths, neatly place beet thinnings into the skillet so that all the root tips rest in one direct and the greens in the other. Sear in butter until the greens are wilted. Pour two cups chicken broth or chicken stock into the skillet, cover, and simmer until roots become tender – about ten minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the beets to a serving dish using tongs. For best presentation, lay the beets together so that all the beetroots rest at one end of the serving dish with the greens resting at the other. Sprinkle with fresh chopped mint and dress with cider vinegar or four thieves vinegar.