Rate this Recipe
4 to 6 servings
braised whole baby beets
Print Save RecipeSaved! Click to Remove Ads
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 2 pounds baby beets with their greens (washed well and patted dry)
- 2 cups bone broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- Melt butter in a skillet over a moderate flame. When it froths, neatly place beet thinnings into the skillet so that all the root tips rest in one direct and the greens in the other. Sear in butter until the greens are wilted. Pour two cups chicken broth or chicken stock into the skillet, cover, and simmer until roots become tender – about ten minutes.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the beets to a serving dish using tongs. For best presentation, lay the beets together so that all the beetroots rest at one end of the serving dish with the greens resting at the other. Sprinkle with fresh chopped mint and dress with cider vinegar or four thieves vinegar.
Rate this recipe!If you loved this recipe, give it a rating. Let us know what works, what didn't and whether you made any adjustments that can help other cooks.