Anchovy toasts make a simple appetizer or lunch that’s rich in flavor. Anchovies are small, oily fish that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and minerals like selenium – a mineral that is remarkably good for hair, skin and nails.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 slices sourdough bread
- 6 oz wild-caught anchovies packed in oil chopped fine
- 4 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 6 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until melted. Add the sourdough bread slices to the butter and pan-fry the bread until it soaks up the bread and begins to color, about 2 minutes per side.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the anchovies, garlic, parmesan cheese and oregano together.
- Spread the anchovy mixture on the grilled bread, and then transfer to the oven. Broil until warmed through and colored on the top, about 4 minutes. Serve warm with a light salad.