Keeping a stash of simple beautiful desserts like this one, is the key to effortless entertaining. Think of how many times you’ve wanted to invite a new†acquaintance†but knew you didn’t have time to bake anything special. Simple desserts like these, bring a sense of awe to the table. Who knew easy and elegant could come together so beautifully?
We typically have a dessert after our Saturday evening meal. Dad and the kids set up a board game while I make a quick dessert. It makes family night just that much more special. Roasted grapes are a favorite with the kids, as roasting definitely brings out the natural sweetness and with a dash of cayenne pepper, these grapes have a delicious depth with a bit of a kick. Note: If serving it to the little ones, I leave the cayenne out, but my teenagers enjoy them either way.
It’s important to purchase organic grapes (particularly imported), as they are in the dirty dozen list of most pesticide laden produce†and due to packaging have a doubly large carbon footprint.
- 2-3 cups organic grapes removed from stems
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pinch finely ground real salt
- Pinch cayenne powder optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degree.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a 10-12? oven proof skillet. Add grapes and stir, making sure all the grapes get coated with butter. Sprinkle in salt and cayenne pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Serve warm.