Anchovy toasts make a simple appetizer or lunch that’s rich in flavor. Anchovies are small, oily fish that are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and minerals like selenium – a mineral that is remarkably good for hair, skin and nails. Sadly, anchovies are little-loved.
|anchovy toasts|| |
- 4 Tablespoons Ghee
- 6 Slices Crusty, Whole Grain Sourdough Bread
- 6 oz Wild-caught Anchovies Packed in Olive Oil, Chopped
- 4 oz Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- 6 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley
- Mix the garlic, anchovies, oregano and parsley together until it forms a chunky paste. Reserve.
- Heat 2 tablespoons ghee in a cast iron skillet over medium heat until melted.
- Add the sourdough bread slices to the ghee and grill until the bread soaks up the ghee and begins to color.
- Remove the bread from the pan and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee.
- Top the grilled side of the bread with your anchovy mixture, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese and return the bread to the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, and cover the pan.
- Cook for a few minutes until the cheese has melted and the bottom side of the toasts soaks up the ghee and browns.
- Serve with a for a light lunch or as an appetizer.