Dill, lemon, and celery are a natural match for shrimp. We love them together in this super simple shrimp salad that works for an easy lunch paired with leafy greens and homemade crackers.
Jump to Recipe
shrimp salad recipe
- Boil shrimp with 1 bay leaf about five minutes or until cooked through. Allow the shrimp to cool while you prepare the dill mayonnaise.
- To prepare the dill mayonnaise, combine the egg yolk, vinegar, fresh dill with a dash cayenne pepper and unrefined sea salt in the basin of a food processor. Pulse a few moments to mix ingredients, then process while slowly pouring in ½ cup olive oil until the mixture is well emulsified and creamy. Refrigerate.
- Once the shrimp is cool, peel and de-vein it (if necessary), then chop the shrimp into ¼-inch dice.
- Mix chopped celery, lemon segments and chopped red onion together.
- Fold ½ cup dill mayonnaise into the mixture of celery, lemon segments, red onion and shrimp until all ingredients are well-coated by the mayonnaise.
- Fold in additional dill, unrefined sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over crackers or lettuce for a snack, light lunch or supper.