Fresh, homemade mayonnaise is a real treat and, when made with good quality ingredients, it can be deeply nourishing. Unrefined, extra virgin olive oil provides vitamin E and monounsaturated fats while the addition of raw, pastured egg yolk provides omega-3 fatty acids, lecithin and enzymes. This recipe makes approximately 1 cup of wasabi mayonnaise.
By May 9, 2009Published:
Fresh, homemade mayonnaise is a real treat and, when made with good quality ingredients, it can be deeply nourishing. Unrefined, …
- 2 Fresh Egg Yolks from Pastured Hens
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Wasabi Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Unrefined Sea Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Cup Unrefined, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients together, except olive oil, until well combined.
- Turn your mixer or blender on high and slowly, in a very thin stream pour the olive oil into the egg mixture.
- Continue to mix the olive oil into the mixture until it is thoroughly emuslified and thickened.
- Keep in the refrigerator and serve within a few days.