This is one of our favorite breakfast dishes. Use wholesome ingredients: pastured eggs, wild salmon, organic vegetables and herbs. The best ingredients yield not only the the best-tasting results, but also the most nutrient-dense. Pastured eggs are naturally rich in vitamin A while wild salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids which are essential to good health.
Lox & Scallion Scrambled Eggs costs approximately $10 to make and will serve 4 generously.
- 6 Eggs from Pastured Chickens
- 2 Tablespoons Cream from Grass-fed Cows
- 2 Tablespoons Butter from Grass-fed Cows
- 4 ounces Wild Salmon Lox (Nitrate/Nitrite-free)
- 3 Organic Scallions
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Parsley (Dried or Fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Dill (Dried or Fresh)
- Real Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1 Recipe Classic Hollandaise Sauce (find it here)
- Chop the lox into small ¼-inch squares.
- Slice the scallions thinly, composting the dark-green part and the root.
- Beat the eggs and cream together.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until it’s melted.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the eggs.
- Wait for a minute or two until the eggs begin to set a bit, then add the remaining ingredients.
- Mix the eggs with a wooden spoon until they’re done to your liking.
- Serve with classic hollandaise sauce.