This month, on the Clean Your Plate Challenge, we’re focusing on one of my very favorite foods: grass-fed steak. So, US Wellness Meats and Nourished Kitchen have teamed up on this months challenge – asking you to create a unique, wholesome recipe that highlights the beauty of grass-finished steaks – with a real focus on making the flavor of grass-finished meat stand out in its own right.
And a belated congratulations are in order to Devon who won the February’s Clean Your Plate Challenge which featured olive oil by Chaffin Family Orchards with her stunning, and unique recipe for dark chocolate-covered apricot and olive oil truffles.
Clean Your Plate: Details & Participating
- Our special ingredient for April’s Clean Your Plate Challenge is grass-fed steak.
- Create an original recipe that highlights and showcases grass-fed steakl.
- Blog your entry and link here to the challenge, or if you don’t have a blog post your original recipe in the comments section of this post once you’ve blogged your entry add it to the Simply-Linked widget below no later than Friday, April 23rd at noon, mountain time.
- If you don’t have a blog, add your recipe in the comments section of this post no later than Friday, April 23rd at noon, mountain time.
- Your entry should be wholesome and healthy. That means you need to avoid: refined ingredients including white flours, refined vegetable fats, white sugars, soy-based meat and milk replacements. If you have a question about whether an ingredient is “legal” for this challenge, just contact me.
- Megan from US Wellness Meats and I will select three finalists and the voting will begin on Saturday, April 24th. We’ll notify participants of the finalists no later than Monday, April 26th by email and you’re free to lobby for your entry as much as suits you.
- Voting will end on Friday, April 30th at noon, mountain time and we’ll announce the winner!
- The winner will receive a Grass-fed London Broil Steak courtesy of US Wellness Meats, valued at $23.29 plus free shipping.
The Prize and a Little about US Wellness Meats:
Founded by lifelong farmer John Wood, U.S. Wellness Meats grew out of John’s realization that there was a unique way of raising cattle for a growing niche of U.S. consumers who were beginning to understand the health benefits of CLA and omega-3s from free-range meat.
A fifth-generation farmer, John was used to thinking like his ancestors and his neighbors when it came to raising animals. In a nutshell, this old method meant growing the animal on pasture, feeding them grain in confinement for the final four months, and then selling them off to a big animal processor when it was time for them to be harvested. But with a little experimentation, he discovered the old method might not be the only method. In 1997, 1998 and 1999, John raised animals on a 100% forage diet and had the proof he needed: there was another way to get tender and exquisite-tasting beef, lamb, bison, goat and dairy products
US Wellness Meats is awarding the winner of the recipe contest with what else but grass-fed steak! The winner will receive a grass-fed london broil steak valued at $23.29, plus shipping .
Spread the Word:
- Don’t forget to spread the word by blogging this contest, tweeting it and adding it to facebook!
- Want to participate? Pick up a Clean Your Plate Challenge button:
Post Your Recipe
If you blog, add your very best grass-fed steak recipe below by the Simply-Linked widget. If you don’t blog, post your recipe in the comments.