Last week, we served this quiche for brunch. Full of fresh spinach and dotted with chÃ¨vre, this quiche is grain-free and perfect served at breakfast, or with a salad for lunch. Spinach is rich vitamin K, folate, beta carotene and manganese. In lieu of a flour-based crust, this quich incorporates a crust of thinly sliced yukon gold potatoes. The quich serves 6. To make Spinache & Chevre Quiche with Potato Crust, you’ll need:
spinach, caramelized onion and chevre quiche with potato crust
By May 30, 2009Published:
Last week, we served this quiche for brunch. Full of fresh spinach and dotted with chÃ¨vre, this quiche is grain-free and …
- 8 Fresh Eggs from Pastured Hens
- ¼ Cup Fresh Cream
- 4 Cups Chopped Spinach
- 4 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes, sliced as thinly as you can manage
- 2 Onions, Sliced Thinly
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Heat butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Fry thinly sliced onions in butter until well caramelized.
- Remove onions from skillet, and remove the skillet from its heat source.
- Layer potatoes in the a circle on the bottom of the skillet and along the edges as though making a crust,set aside.
- Beat eggs and cream together until well blended.
- Add caramelized onions, chopped spinach and chevre to the egg and cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet, over the thinly sliced potatoes.
- Bake quiche at 375 ° F for approximately 35-40 minutes until done.