Preserved lemons are a delight with their clean flavor. While to strong to serve as a side dish – obviously; they do make a delicious, fresh condiment. These lemons have been fermented much in the way that sauerkraut is, and so are alive with beneficial bacteria, vitamins and minerals.
This condiment goes particularly well with home-made crackers, fresh fish and chicken.
- 2 Preserved Organic Meyer Lemons
- ¼ Cup Fresh, Organic Parsley Leaves
- 2 Large Cloves Organic Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Unrefined Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- If you desire a coarse-textured tapenade like I do, use a mezzaluna. If you want a smooth tapenade, use a food processor.
- Combine all ingredients together and process until the desired consistency is reached.
- Serve with crackers as an appetizer, with Moroccan Spiced Chicken or fish.