The other evening, I made a Sweet Potato Soup. You start by infusing coconut oil with shallots, poblano peppers, shallots, and seasoned with just a hint of smoked paprika and cumin.
Jump to Recipe
Rate this Recipe
3.5 from 2 votes
Sweet Potato Soup Recipe
Sweet potatoes and smoky poblano peppers blend beautifully together in this soup with cumin and fresh herbs.Print Save RecipeSaved! Click to Remove Ads
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 2 poblano peppers (sliced thin)
- 2 medim sweet potatoes (cubed)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 2 quarts bone broth
- sour cream for serving
- red onion for serving
- cilantro for serving
- Melt the coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed stock pot over medium heat. Stir in the shallot, and fry gently until it softens and releases its fragrance. Stir in the poblano pepper, and fry until softened - about 4 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the pot along with cumin, smoked paprika and sea salt. Cover the pot and sweat the potatoes until they soften - about 10 minutes. Pour in the chicken stock, and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes or until the potatoes fall apart when pierced with a fork. Turn off the heat, and puree the soup with an immersion blender), until the soup is smooth and uniform.
- Ladle into soup bowls, and serve topped with sour cream, red onion and cilantro as you like it.