This sprouted wheat flatbread recipe is brilliantly easy to prepare, and you can use it as simple wrap or to soak up sauces and curries.
Jump to Recipe
Sprouted Wheat Flatbread Recipe
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Stir in the oil and hot water, adding more water if necessary to make a soft, elastic, slightly sticky dough.
- Flour your work surface, and then knead the dough until it’s smooth, about 1 minute.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and shape them each into a ball. Cover the dough balls and allow them to rest for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat an electric griddle to 375°F, or set a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium heat.
- Roll each dough ball into a 6″ to 7″ circle; the circles will be thin, like a tortilla.
- Lightly oil the griddle or pan, and fry one dough circle for about 30 seconds, until lightly browned on the bottom. Flip and fry the second side of the dough, pressing it down gently with a spatula if it starts to puff. Cook for an additional 30 seconds, until golden. Cover the cooked flatbreads with a clean towel while you cook the remaining pieces. Serve warm.