Red Cabbage Slaw
- 1 pound red cabbage
- 6 green onions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 Small Dried Chili Pepper
- Trim the cabbage of any wilted or scarred exterior leaves and core it. Now cut it in half or quarters depending on its size and slice it very, very thinly. Think paper thin.
- Now take the half onion and slice it thinly too. Translucent if you can manage. We’re going for wisps of flavor here.
- Mix the flaxseed oil (yummy Omega-3s!), raw cider vinegar, raw honey and crushed red pepper together. Whisk together thoroughly until you no longer see any clumps of honey.
- Pour the dressing over the cabbage and mix it thoroughly. Allow the cabbage to sit unrefrigerated while the dressing soaks in a little bit. Salt it if you like. I like salt a lot.