This is a simple Asian-style dipping sauce that’s sinfully easy to prepare and deeply flavorful. Tamari is a wheat-free soy sauce that should be naturally fermented though it can be hard to find. Die-hard lacto-fermentation enthusiasts might even try their hand at making their own. Besides being tasty, sesame seeds are rich in calcium and the trace mineral copper and they look awfully pretty in the sauce.
|sesame-tamari dipping sauce|| |
- Flaxseed Oil
- Fish Sauce
- Sesame Seeds
- Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- Add about 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil to a bowl.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of tamari. I like the way the oil separates from the tamari.
- Now add a dash or two of fish sauce.
- Add a tablespoon or two of sesame seeds.
- Now add in a pinch of crushed red pepper and minced garlic.
- Now mix it all together and serve it as a dip, or spoon it over something equally tasty like Broiled Clams with Ginger and Garlic.