Easy Swaps is Nourished Kitchen's guide to simple substitutions for grains, gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, nightshades and alcohol.
Perfect for those with food intolerances who are never quite sure how to navigate a recipe when you have to leave out the dairy (or gluten or eggs etc.), this guide provides not only recommendations but also the why behind them.
This guide is demystifies cooking with food intolerances, provides simple guidance. And you can download it immediately.
What's in it?
- How to substitute common foods in recipes including grains, gluten, dairy, soy, nuts, eggs, nightshades, and alcohol.
- Why some substitutions work (and others won't!)
- Recommendations for substituting over 50 individual ingredients.
- Simple, allergen-friendly recipes to try like artisan-style gluten-free bread, grain-free granola, and coconut yogurt.
- Guidance on nutrients you may be missing when you go gluten- or nut- or grain-free and where to get them.
- Tips on how to approach cooking with multiple food intolerances.
It's frustrating to cook when you have food intolerances.
Seriously, I get it. As someone who has to avoid several different foods (eggs, beef, avocados!), I know how frustrating it is when you come across a recipe you really want to make, but it has ingredients you can't use.
And what if you make a substitution and it tastes terrible? Or the texture is off? And you've just wasted a ton of $$ ingredients and time.
That's why I wrote this guide: to give you simple, easy recommendations (and guidance!) so that you know which swaps work and why they work. That way you can try the recipes you've been dying to try and even convert some of your family favorites, too.
Get the guide now
If you've ever really wanted to make a recipe, but it contained something you couldn't eat? This guide gives simple, easy recommendations so that you know exactly what you can swap (what you can't) and why.
- Find easy, simple swaps that work.
- See where you might be missing nutrients (and what to do about it).
- Simple, allergen-friendly recipes.