In a rush, a dire rush, I didn’t have the chance to take multiple recipe-in-progress photos. But I did manage to capture this one image. It was a delicious meal, low in carbohydrates and rich in flavor. My toddler also enjoyed putting his wrap together.
asian lettuce wraps with garlic scapesPrint Recipe
- 3 Cups Leftover Roast Chicken Chopped
- 5-6 Garlic Scapes Chopped
- 1 Bunch Basil
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- 3 Carrots
- 1 1- inch Knob of Ginger Minced
- Fish Sauce
- Pinch of Crushed Red Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- Mung Bean Sprouts to Garnish
- 1 Head Butterleaf Lettuce
- First, heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the ginger, garlic scapes and red pepper and continue to heat until the mixture becomes fragrant (trust me … it won’t be long).
- Add the chopped chicken and carrots and cook until the carrots brighten a bit (they should still be crunchy when served) and the chicken is heated through. Shred or snip the basil and cilantro leaves over the skillet, and reserve some to garnish the plate.
- Deglaze the pan with a touch of tamari and plenty of fish sauce. Serve on a platter and allow guests to fill their lettuce leaves with the mixture and garnish as desired.
- You can serve Sesame Tamari Dipping Sauce with the wraps if desired.