This shortbread is slightly sweet–and simple to make featuring only a handful of ingredients. Incorporating sprouted, whole grain flour helps to increase the nutritive value and the digestibility of the sweet. As with all sweets, it’s best eaten in moderation and for special occasions only.
sprouted spelt & maple shortbread
By December 26, 2008Published:
This shortbread is slightly sweet--and simple to make featuring only a handful of ingredients. Incorporating sprouted, whole grain …
- 2 Cups Organic, Sprouted Whole Grain Flour
- ¼ Real Salt or Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Organic Butter from Grass-fed Cows, Softened
- ¼ Cup Organic Grade-B Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F.
- Whip the maple syrup and butter together until the syrup is thoroughly incoroprated into the butter. Next, add the flour and salt and mix thoroughly. On a floured board, roll the dough into a disk and place it on a cookie sheat or preheated baking stone. Prick the dough slightly with a fork and gently score the disk into 6-8 individual portions or as desired. Bake for 15 minutes or until the shortbread is slightly golden.
- Serve with fresh milk or red tea.