It’s that time again! Better than Christmas, better than 4th of July Fireworks: ONE LOCAL SUMMER! One local summer entreats locavores, food bloggers, green living gurus and anyone else to celebrate and explore their local foodshed by committing to prepare at least one meal each week comprised entirely of local ingredients. As last year, 2009′s one local summer is hosted at Farm to Philly, so please head over their now and SIGN UP now! I’ll be participating this year as I unofficially did in 2007 and officially did in 2008. You can check out my all-time-favorite one local summer meals below:
- One Local Summer Meal 13: Featuring Classic Meatloaf and Real Sauerkraut.
- One Local Summer Meal 12: Featuring Fried Eggs, Pork Sausage with Lavender, Zucchini & Fingerling Potato Hashbrowns, Sauteed Greens with Garlic
- One Local Summer Meal 11: Featuring Pot Roast with Rustic Sourdough Noodles & Braised Turnips with Parsley
- One Local Summer Meal 8: Featuring Roasted Chicken, New-style Peas & Carrots, Braised Fennel with Basil, Simple Salad, Sourdough Bread and Cherry Clafoutis
- One Local Summer Meal7: Featuring Zucchini Stuffed with Apricots & Lamb, Quinoa Pilaf and Simple Salad
- One Local Summer Meal 6: Featuring Roast Chicken, Romano Beans, Simple Salad and Fresh Cherries
- Gearing Up for One Local Summer: Featuring Sweet Corn, Gilled Bison Sausages, Simple Slaw with Red Cabbage and Mixed Potato Salad with Mizuna & Sundried Tomatoes
- Jenny Had a Little Lamb: From 2007, this one features Grilled Lamb, Fresh Peaches and Cream, Sauteed Radishes, Fresh Heirloom Tomatoes, Steamed Haricots Verts and Mashed Potatoes
Cross-posted at the NO GMO challenge.