After surviving the whirlwind that was November (Hello Wise Traditions Conference, technical glitches and visits to relatives … oh my!), things have started to settle down in the high country and I’m excited to share with you some of the things that have made my November special. And I know you’ve seen me hem and haw about starting the GAPS Diet, after hearing Dr. Campbell-McBride talk, but we’re finally biting the bullet and are officially slurping our way through the myriad soups and broths of the GAPS Introduction Diet, using this ebook as our guide.
Things I’ve loved in November
- Road trip food like yogurt with persimmons, mint, pepitas and honey.
- I’m pretty sure I’m magnesium deficient (it kinda explains those mad chocolate cravings I get). Check out this post on Magnesium Deficiency. I’m planning on ordering some topical magnesium oils.
- Finally getting an answer on whether or not we should soak coconut flour.
- Gain-free crackers with cheddar and herbs.
- Ordering twenty-five pounds of organic almond flour.
- Ordering more fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil (it gives me good skin.)
- Kelly’s take on Why we need a raw milk institute.
- Learning that canned soups can spike your BPA levels by 1200% (we don’t eat them anyway, but YOW!)
- The Growing Younger Series by Donna Gates (Today is the last day to sign up, by the way.)
- Lacto-fermented purple eggs.
- These healthy breakfast ideas.
- Butternut cupcakes with cardamom buttercream.
- Classic Russian Cooking (for some serious, traditional foods).
- Watching my kid watch Happy Feet 2.
- Finding quince in my CSA box.
- These perfumes.
What was the highlight of your November?