It’s hard to believe it’s the end of January already. January feels like it’s flown by, and I’m still searching for my footing. Putting the month behind me – having read some very good books, cooked some good dishes, found new blogs – I wanted to share with you some of the highlights of my month. Like the picture above? It’s from my little family vacation.
And if you’ve been loving our latest video Q&A sessions, our next session will focus on properly prepared grains. So if you’re confused about when to sprout, soak or sour, be sure to send your questions on grains to email@example.com.
Things I’ve Loved this January
- Getting a little vacation in. The first (that wasn’t somewhat work-related) in a long, long, long time (read years).
- Watching a mama and baby dolphin play together on our whale watching tour. It reminded me of how much I enjoy playing with my 6 year old.
- Ordering bone broth, ferments and saffron rose ice cream from Real Food Devotee for our trip.
- Indulging my love of sourdough bread again.
- Reminding myself why sourdough is the only bread I consume.
- Getting psyched for the upcoming cooking class on how to make grains the right way.
- Of course, for those who are still on grain-free diets like GAPS or paleo, there’s this list of 10 grain-free dinners on a budget.
- Can’t wait to try this butternut squash casserole with pecans.
- After reading about how you can quit deodorant by using magnesium oil, I tried it and it worked.
- Subsequently, I’m going to need to order more magnesium oil.
- This rose and vanilla tinted lip sheen from Fig & Yarrow.
- Finding a copy of the Mindful Carnivore in my mailbox.
- Finally learning how to make a decent soft boiled egg (which I serve with salted and smoked salmon roe).
- Picking up some charming little French onion soup bowls.
- Bouncing, bouncing, bouncing away on my rebounder.
- Falling in love with turmeric again.
- Picking up some fennel pollen - my new favorite spice.
- Finishing work early to build a snow fort with my kid.