Many Nourished Kitchen readers come to traditional, real foods after vegan- and vegetarianism in searching for a diet and lifestyle that combines ethics, sustainability with health, nutrition and tradition. This week, I chat with Tovar Cerulli, author of the Mindful Carnivore: A Vegetarian’s Hunt for Sustenance.
In reading the Mindful Carnivore and in speaking with Tovar, I was struck with how similar his experience was to many of Nourished Kitchen’s longtime readers who begin to find renewal, community and even spirituality in their approach to foods.
Video with Tovar Cerulli
Viewing the video on your Apple mobile device? Click here.
- Tovar’s Book: Mindful Carnivore: A Vegetarian’s Hunt for Sustenance.
- The Mindful Carnivore Blog
- Transcript (forthcoming).
Upcoming Events with Tovar Cerulli
- Thursday, May 10 – 7:00 pm – Denver, CO
Discussion and signing at West Side Books
- Monday, May 14 – 7:30 pm – Berkeley, CA
Discussion and signing at Pegasus Books Downtown (2349 Shattuck Ave)
- Tuesday, May 15 – 7:30 pm – San Francisco, CA
Discussion and signing at The Green Arcade
- Thursday, May 17 – 7:00 pm – Seattle, WA
Discussion and signing at Elliott Bay Book Company
- Wednesday, June 13 – 5:45 pm – Omaha, NE
Discussion and signing at Soul Desires