Despite the snow we’ve received here in the mountains, it’s been a busy May. We’re still working our way through the pre-season farm tours and last minute paperwork for our farmers market. It’s a 100% local, organic grower’s market that positively booms with business from June to October.
the highlights of my May
- LOVE this real food delivery service idea (from the same folks that bring you sustainable seafood – I Love Blue Sea!)
- Ordering about 20 lbs more einkorn berries and einkorn flour (and you can still get free shipping!).
- Putting together this HUGE sale on cooking classes, real food guides and eBooks for real foodies.
- Visiting our favorite farm (pictured) to pick up our CSA.
- Getting more lovage for my favorite Lovage Soup.
- As the weather warms, I’ll be looking forward to making this Hibiscus Tea.
- Oh and this lemon coconut fudge, too.
- I loved Monica’s take on commercial popsicles (why does SOY protein isolate need to be in a popsicle?!?!)
- Which is why I make my own creamsicles, tricolored kefir berry pops and fruit juice popsicles.
- Hoping to whip up some zucchini lasagna
- And since we’re a serious back-to-basics, DIY family – I’m hoping to make my own sunscreen and homemade insect repellent for when we need it.
- Loving this Hawaiian Lip Balm (I like Cacao Rose) which is loaded with stuff that actually nourishes you like cocoa butter, shea butter and coconut oil. No weird synthetic stuff.
- Picking up more and more liver capsules, fermented cod liver oil and high vitamin butter oil.
- Reading up on the Art of Fermentation and Artisan Cheesemaking at Home.
- Working on my own beautiful cookbook – due out in spring of 2014.