It’s time for July’s Clean Your Plate Recipe Challenge at Nourished Kitchen! As a reminder: each month I’ll provide you with a single, nourishing ingredient and it’s your job to develop a wholesome recipe that best showcases that ingredient.
But before we get started in July, we need to finish up June! In June we showcased the natural sweetener honey (check out this post to learn more about natural sweeteners and how to use them). With a handful of wonderful entries, we had a 3-way tie! So let’s get that settled first before we delve into this month’s challenge. Honey
Molasses Cookies by A Mountain Mama (posted in the comments on the Clean Your Plate June Announcement), Homemade Granola by Kitchen Stewardship and Honey-sweetened Strawberry Preserves at Sarah’s Musings all earned enough votes for a tie. So first we need to break the tie and determine the winner. And she will earn a 22-oz jar of my favorite wildflower honey. The tie-breaking vote begins today and will end on July 7th.
Clean Your Plate July: Coconut Milk!
So here’s the big announcement: July’s special ingredient is full-fat coconut milk. So give me your very best coconut milk recipes – those curries, those ice creams, those satays, those soups and definitely those puddings. Remember, each recipe must be wholesome so follow the guidelines below.
Clean Your Plate Recipe Challenge Guidelines
- You must use real food and only real food. That is only whole food ingredients in each recipe (i.e. no refined sugar, no refined flour, no high fructose corn syrup.) In essence, if you’re great, great, great grandmother wouldn’t recognize it, don’t use it.
- All ingredients should be sustainably and organically produced. Remember, we’re cleaning our plates! NO funky chemical residues around these dinner tables!
- You must do your best to highlight the special ingredient to the best of your ability.
- You must link to this page from your post and/or your sidebar.
- You must submit your recipe to the challenge no later than midnight, mountain time on the 15th of the month. I don’t use Mr. Linky here, so submit your entry in the comments or contact me.
Spread the Word
Let your readers know that you CLEAN YOUR PLATE! Get your button.