I love fennel, but I generally hate anise. Go figure. Fennel is, traditionally, a folk remedy for gastric woes, colic and upset stomaches. This recipe is one of my favorites, though fennel’s season is so short in this area that I miss preparing it during much of the year.
braised fennel with basil
By July 26, 2008Published:
I love fennel, but I generally hate anise. Go figure. Fennel is, traditionally, a folk remedy for gastric woes, colic and upset …
- 1 Organic Fennel Bulb for Each Person (Trimmed and quartered)
- 1 Big Handful of Organic Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Ghee from Grass-fed Cows
- ¾ Cup Chicken Stock from a Pasture- or Meadow-raised Chicken
- Heat the ghee in a pan over medium heat and, when it is melted, toss in the fennel and the basil. Continue to cook until the fennel becomes slightly blistered from the heat.
- Add the broth to the pan, and continue to cook until the broth is gone.
- Garnish with extra basil leaves and serve. Just don’t tell your guests how easy it was. They won’t believe you.